MIES (FIBA 3x3 World Tour 2017) - The best 8 teams in the FIBA 3x3 Team Ranking get a chance to pick where they will play some of the FIBA 3x3 World Tour 2017 Masters during a live draft, which will be held on Friday 31 March at 12:00 CET (GMT+2).
For the first time in World Tour history, the top 8 ranked teams of the previous season (also known as the hard-seeded teams) qualify directly to a certain number of World Tour Masters.
FIBA 3x3 Team Ranking*
1. Novi Sad (SRB)**
2. Ljubljana (SLO)
3. Piran (SLO)
4. Saskatoon (CAN)
5. Krakow R8 Basket (POL)***
6. Kranj (SLO)
7. Hamamatsu (JPN)
8. Zemun (SRB)
*Ranking calculated by adding up the FIBA 3x3 Individual World Ranking points of the top three players of each World Tour team at the cut-off date of 1 November 2016
** formerly known as Novi Sad Al Wahda (UAE)
***formerly known as Gdansk (POL)
The hard-seeded teams will be allocated in pairs to Masters in this order:
- Top 1 & 8: Masters A
- Top 2 & 7: Masters B
- Top 3 & 6: Masters C
- Top 4 & 5: Masters D
- Top 1 & 4: Masters E
- Top 2 & 3: Masters F
- Top 1 & 2: Masters G
In other words,
- Novi Sad (SRB) owns the 1st, 5th and 7th pick.
- Ljubljana (SLO) owns the 2nd and 6th pick (and play in Novi Sad’s 7th pick).
- Piran (SLO) will get pick the 3rd pick (and play in Ljubljana's 6th pick).
- Saskatoon (CAN) will get the 4th pick (and play in Novi Sad's 5th pick).
- Krakow R8 Basket (POL) will play Saskatoon's 4th pick.
- Kranj (SLO) will play in Piran’s 3rd pick.
- Hamamatsu (JPN) will play in Ljubljana's 2nd pick.
- Zemun (SRB) will play in Novi Sad's 1st pick.
The draft will be conducted live on @FIBA3x3's social media channels.