1. LIFE WITHOUT THE MAESTRO: After winning 2 of the 3 Masters in which they competed this season, Novi Sad Al Wahda (UAE) were the overwhelming favourites to win in Beijing. This was before the World Tour two-time winners lost Dejan Majstorovic due to an ankle injury. How will be the team’s chemistry without their best shooter… and with now 3 Markos on the court?
2. ROAD TO ABU DHABI: The rule is simple: if you win a Masters, you qualify for the World Tour Final in Abu Dhabi. If you win and you are already qualified, nobody else qualifies directly. Eventually, the top 12 teams in the World Tour season standings make it to the UAE on 27-28 October. With several teams making multiple appearances at the World Tour this season, finishing second in one Masters may not be enough to advance. In this situation, returning teams Gdansk (POL), St Petersburg (RUS) and Hamamatsu (JPN) have a unique opportunity to make their first-ever World Tour Final appearance.
3. THE HICKS FACTOR: Chinese fans loved him earlier this year when he put on a show at the Chengdu Challenger. Michael 'Money in the Bank' says he has a new nickname, tailor-made for the Chinese audience. He got no 'broads in Atlanta' but you can call him 'Panda'.
4. LEGEND: He only missed one edition of the World Tour and is a streetball legend in Japan. Watch out for Keita Suzuki from Team Tokyo. He made a lot of people dance against their will in his career.
5. WHITE JORDAN: Talk about a high-pressure nickname. Hopefully Jordan Demercy (Wukesong) has more to do with the GOAT than the 'White Mamba' Brian Scalabrine had to do with Kobe Bryant.
6. NOT IN MY HOUSE: If you like monster blocks, keep an eye on former NBA draft pick Ater Majok, who has the biggest wingspan since that mean dragon in Game of Thrones.
7. SOUTHERLAND JORDAN: That Jordan - we know - can jump like Mike. 'Flight' Southerland showed flashes of brilliance at the dunk contest in Mexico City and he says we haven’t seen the best of him. He has big shoes to fill after yet another Jordan (Kilganon) absolutely shocked China last year at the Beijing Masters.
8. DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK: So you missed him, huh? The voice of 3x3 Kyle Montgomery is back on air with his full bag of punchlines, nicknames and the best Charles Barkley impression in the business.
9. MORE RETURNS: Q-York is back! Our favourite MC-DJ combo will make their first appearance at the World Tour. this season For the second year in a row, they created the song of the World Tour trailer. They also have a new album: check them out
10. MORE! Dunk highlights, Top 5, star profiles, mixtapes. Make sure to do what 50,000 people did before you: subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss a beat!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat at @FIBA3x3 for reactions, photos, livescores and more. Start the conversation using the official hashtag #3x3WT.